News Wrapup, November 1997 November 30th, 1997
- â€œMass transit? Who needs it?â€ My Turn, by Warren Wilkes, Mesa Tribune, Nov. 25, 1997, page A15. Author sarcastically suggest we should eliminate all city buses, school buses, and all public transit and just wait as more roads devour our neighborhoods.
- â€œBabbitt to OK Canyon planâ€ Canyon to restrict cars, use light rail for visitors. By Steve Yozwiak, The Arizona Republic, Nov. 25, 1997
- â€œGrand Canyon RR: Rail ride from Williams makes quick trip to rim,â€ by Janet Brown, Mesa Tribune, Nov. 16, 1997, page G4.
- â€œSan Diego railroad proposal gathers little Arizona support,â€ by Jane Larson, The Arizona Republic, Nov. 6, 1997
(see also History of the San Diego and Arizona Eastern)
- â€œMake way for high-speed trains â€” put Amtrak on siding,â€ by Robert J. Samuelson, Washington Post Writersâ€™ Group, The Arizona Republic, Nov. 5, 1997, page B7.
- â€œHigh-speed rail studied for Tucson, Phoenix,â€ by Mary Jo Pitzl, The Arizona Republic, Nov. 4, 1997, page A1.
Posted in News