How A Metro Green Line might Look February 24th, 2011
These are example stations only, but are representative of the areas the train would serve.
For complete detail, see John Gale’s article, “METRO should be on Thomas, not I-10″.
METRO should be on Thomas, not I-10 February 24th, 2011
The issues here are:
- Light Rail along I-10 is a bad idea.
- Light Rail should, whenever possible, follow arterial streets.
- In lieu of I-10 and in light of #2 we propose Thomas Road.
- Light Rail could follow Thomas Road all the way, or an alternative route to Glendale, or both.
- Getting across I-17 and Grand/BNSF are challenging, and will probably be quite expensive, but must be addressed sooner or later.
Membership Picnic August 22nd, 2010
|February 19, 2011|
|1:00 pm||to||3:00 pm|
The ARPA Picnic will beÂ Saturday, February 19, 2011, starting at 1pm, at the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park in Scottsdale.
NOTE NEW DATE!
Members and guests are invited. There is no charge. If you wish to bring a main course, side dish, or dessert, that would be appreciated.